Re: vaporlock?

To: <robbieharrison@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: vaporlock?
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 08:43:35 -0500 (CDT)
Robbie,

I had similar lack of high speed running on my 240Z years ago. Turned out
I got a tank full of dirty gas that plugged up the fuel filter. The 240Z
had 2 filters and the first filter, inside the fuel pump was the one
getting clogged. I just kept replacing it when needed and the crud was
gone in about 10 tanks of fuel.

The roadster just has one filter, on the passenger's side of the engine
compartment. Try taking it off and pouring fuel through it, it should flow
through as if there isn't anything between the inlet and outlet. Replace
if needed.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner