Datsun Trucks - Racing

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Datsun Trucks - Racing
From: "James M Koken" <james.m.koken@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 18:37:28 -0600
List,
Went to the local stock car races on Sat. night. There was a mini truck class
with about 8 trucks. 2 of the trucks
wered  1972   DATSUNS ! .  I wasn't in the pits so I couldn't inspect the
engines but I believe with s10's and toyotas and mazdas the cc limit must have
been 2.2 or 2.4. Any way, the DATSUNS DID VERY WELL.  A husband and wife team
raced, and they were only beat by one Toyota (probably had help from TRD). The
track is a 1/3 mile paved oval and the trucks were running 15 - 16 second
laps. This compares to the V8 late model cars running 12 second laps.
Next time You can bet I'll be in the pits checking the engine setups, cams,
carbs, etc.
Mike Koken
Colo. Springs