New Nissan Coml

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: New Nissan Coml
From: Les Cannaday <les@classicdatsun.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 15:37:09 -0700
The new ad series from Nissan started last night on primetime TV with
ads for the Z as well as the direction the company is taking on its
recovery. The ads included more old cars shot at various club events and
races but I don't believe they have any roadster footage after what they
had asked us for. You will however see footage of an Orange/Yellow 510
on the banking at speed at California Speedway and there should also be
a shot of Jim McAdorys blue/white 510 in another version of the ad.
Another interesting bit of info is that another vintage race roadster
that I helped a little with from back in Buffalo New York that I had
been following for many years and finally got to see in a restored and
drivable condition a few years back at the Glen has been purchased and
and brought to Az to begin a new career in west coast vintage racing it
is the 65 1500 that had been for sale several times over the past few
years. So Congrats to the new owner and by the way the orange 510 is a
car built for the original trans am series but was finished the year
after and actually started racing in 73 and we just finished building a
motor for it and the video footage was it first event out in years.

Les

--
Les Cannaday

Classic Datsun Motorsports