Re: Cruising pics, steering wheel, Skyline,SR20

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cruising pics, steering wheel, Skyline,SR20
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 22:35:47 -0400
Ford built those engines for high speed running.  The Boss was great for
full throttle, but had a big flat spot in the transition due to the port
volume (bigger is not always better.)  A company named BA Performance came
out with a GREAT street Boss intake manifold.  Instead of the 4v sewerpipe
ports, it was made to fit upto the 2v 351 Cleveland heads.  Looks and sounds
like a boss (minor head mods needed - drill one hole and plug another to
reroute the water), but you get MUCH better street torque.  In street racing
the BA Performance Boss setup will outdo a TRUE Boss.  YMMV.

Sid

Sidney Raper
1964 1500
1967 SRL311 00060