Re: Engine # R51024 Will it fit?

To: "Jessica" <windsurfer@mindspring.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine # R51024 Will it fit?
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 19:55:57 -0700
The engine will fit but you'll want to swap a bunch of stuff off it, like
the oil pan, water pump, intake manifold, and so forth.  I believe there is
one additional threaded hole in the block that shouldn't affect anything on
the Roadster.

The transmission may be another story, especially if it's an
automatic.  Anyone know?

At 10:57 PM 9/6/2002 -0400, Jessica wrote:
>This may be a bit off but back in 1984, a friend gave me a car, a sedan and I
>pulled the engine.  I kinda remember that the car may have been a 411 and the
>engine was I think a 1600.  However, that was a long time ago and the motor
>and trany has been stored up in Vermont ever since.  My question is could that
>engine and trany be used in a 1600 SPL-311?  Is there a way for me to find out
>if the transmission would fit my original engine?  Any idea how to find out.
>Thanks in advance. The motor number is R51024 and the numbers on the
>transmission  is 4CH7 891
>
>PS.  This motor and trany ran fine 15 yrs ago.
>
>Ivin

>///  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive

Adam Bradley
'70 Datsun 1600 Roadster SPL311-28181