carbs

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: carbs
From: "Mike" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 22:02:06 -0700
hi,

I have been playing around trying to tune the carbs on my early 67. this is
what im doing.

1. linkage is loose
2. fuel adjustment nut turned all the way in and then backed off two turns.
3. start car and adjust the little screw on the back of each carb until they
pull the same air. the little float in the uny deal is almost at the bottom.
the car idles low but the needle jumps all over the place so its hard to
tell if its close the 600 rpms. the engine wiggles around pretty good.
4. I then turn the fuel adjustment screws out. the engine smoothes out a
little but the rpms go up to 1200 or so.

what am I doing wrong?

thx,

mike