RE: off topic question

To: "Mike" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: off topic question
From: "Brian Hollands" <Brian_Hollands@adp.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 19:51:11 -0400
As I'm about to get my dealer license here in Florida I've had to study up
on such stuff.  Your friend should contact the DMV in both states and ask
for their recommendation.  In Florida, If you sell a vehicle and the buyer
has your plates on the car then you are liable for anything that happens
even though you've sold the car.  In most cases, the DMV will issue the
buyer a temporary tag which will allow them to drive the car home until they
can register it.  In Florida, you're subject to a $100 fee for a new tag
which is meant to get buyers to transfer a current tag (ie from a trade-in)
to the new vehicle.  Not all states do that but it should be checked on as
it may solve the problem and save a few bucks too.
Brian '69 2000
Tampa, FL
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/oilleak/