RE: off topic question

To: "Brian Hollands" <Brian_Hollands@adp.com>,
Subject: RE: off topic question
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 17:05:31 -0700
In California I believe the plate stays with the vehicle.  I know you
cannot transfer a standard plate from one car to another, so that is
backwards from Florida.  I believe you can keep personalized plates to
transfer to another car, but you can also leave them on the car when you
sell it.

At 07:51 PM 9/8/2002 -0400, Brian Hollands wrote:
>As I'm about to get my dealer license here in Florida I've had to study up
>on such stuff.  Your friend should contact the DMV in both states and ask
>for their recommendation.  In Florida, If you sell a vehicle and the buyer
>has your plates on the car then you are liable for anything that happens
>even though you've sold the car.  In most cases, the DMV will issue the
>buyer a temporary tag which will allow them to drive the car home until they
>can register it.  In Florida, you're subject to a $100 fee for a new tag
>which is meant to get buyers to transfer a current tag (ie from a trade-in)
>to the new vehicle.  Not all states do that but it should be checked on as
>it may solve the problem and save a few bucks too.
>Brian '69 2000
>Tampa, FL
>http://web.tampabay.rr.com/oilleak/

Adam Bradley