Re: Mad Dogs and Roadster Owners

To: Pamela Bauman <ntrlclr@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Mad Dogs and Roadster Owners
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 21:54:01 -0700
Pamela Bauman wrote:

> Did manage to get
> the rear springs clean. Are they much trouble to take apart?

If you are talking about taking the rear springs apart, All you have to do
is undo the bolt in the center of the spring and they come part.  If
I remember right, there are 4 spring leafs.  In the ends of some of the
spring leafs are some felt pads that I took off and bought teflon pads
from Posie's.  Posie's is a Street Rod spring making shop.  Seems like
they were about $10 to $12 for the new pads.  I sandblased the springs
and then painted all the pieces.  They all went back together rairly easily.
I used some silicone from a caulking tube to hold the new spring pads in palce.
Bob
67.5
Moscow