Re: Also carbs

To: Marko Lahtinen <lahtinen_marko@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Re: Also carbs
From: dana nojima <noji-1@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 13:31:30 -0700
Marko,

With older carbs, one of the things to check is leaking around the
throttle shafts.  You can shoot some carb cleaner to the throttle shafts
(from the outside) and this should not cause any increase in engine
speed.  On one of my first cars the carb bodies were so warn that I
could wiggle the shafts within the carb bodies.  If the carbs are like
this there is no way to set them up.

Also when things get older "POs" modifications can get very interesting.

Beware, there are many way to interpret "rebuilt".

Dana

--
Dana Nojima, Ph.D.
HYSEQ, Inc.