Re: CD Player -Sideways?

To: "MURPHY, BARNEY D" <BMURPHY@scana.com>,
Subject: Re: CD Player -Sideways?
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:13:44 -0700
I've been told NO, car CD players are not meant to play sideways.  The
other reply is correct that the area isn't deep enough unless you fabricate
something to push the head unit forward, and on a 2000 it'd probably be too
close to the shifter.

Matt Silvey built a cool under the glovebox mounting bracket which I have
on my '70 1600.  The only thing I would change would be to get a remote
control head unit so I don't have to reach over so far to change channels.

At 01:58 PM 9/12/2002 -0400, MURPHY, BARNEY D wrote:
>Hello Roadster gang!
>
>I am sure this has been discussed before but here goes... I would like to
>put an AM/FM CD player in the original radio location in my 1969. I know
>there would have to be some cutting/mods on the bezel. My question is...has
>this been done before and most of all...will an in-dash CD player work
>sideways without it going nuts when you hit a bump?
>
>I know one alternative is to locate an FM modulated CD changer in the trunk
>but I really don't want to do that unless I have to.
>
>Thanks in advance for the input.
>
>Barney
>1969 SRL09570
>Columbia, SC