Re: CD Player -Sideways?

To: "MURPHY, BARNEY D" <BMURPHY@scana.com>
Subject: Re: CD Player -Sideways?
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 03:47:41 -0700
I recently did research on installing a new radio for my 69 2000.  All of the
new radios I found are 183 mm wide.  That appears to be a standard that comes
out near 7 1/4" wide.  If you measure your console I think you will find that
6" or so is about all you are going to have to work with.

I was also interested in whether or not a CD could be played vertically.  If
you have enough money to spend on a radio you can buy one that will play the CD
in a vertical position.  The CD snaps into the carrier like a laptop, and the
radio costs about $350.00.

All I really wanted was an AM/FM radio.  Tape or CD was not important.  You
apparently can't buy those anymore either.  In the end I found a new
AM/FM/Cassette radio on eBay that I can install in my spare console, which was
really butchered by someone who does not know how to install a radio.  Now that
I have the proper face plate and knobs I will able to cover up their mess and
have a good looking radio installation.

Tom
69 2000
Portland