Re: U20 SU Carb trouble

To: Amy & Erik <erikandamy@integraonline.com>
Subject: Re: U20 SU Carb trouble
From: Vicki Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 20:54:15 -0700
You may want to investigate your spark, even if your plugs are reading good (at
idle?).  Sometimes a faulty coil can throw you off and make you think it is a
carb problem.  Check your point gap, and try reving the engine with the timing
light attached and see if it skips (I think you should be able to see a miss
that way... has worked for me in the past).  Backfiring through the carbs also
generally means a lean mix.  Got good gas?  Just a few other possibilities...
Greg