RE: ALMOST Running..

To: "'Roadsters \(E-mail\)'" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: ALMOST Running..
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:14:55 -0700
Sounds like it to me, if I got all the clockwise/counterclockwise stuff
straight. This time, instead of just cranking the engine over and seeing if it
starts, why don't you static time it first? Turn the crank over by hand until
the timing mark is at about 15 degrees BTDC on the pulley. Then loosen the
distributor and, with the ignition on, rotate the distributor back and forth
until you get a spark across the points. Set the distributor as close as you can
to the point at which the spark occurs and lock it down. Then try to start it.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA