(OT) Boss 302 facts and some Nissan Car Show info

To: spl310@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: (OT) Boss 302 facts and some Nissan Car Show info
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:07:04 +0000
The original BOSS 302 (1969) had huge ports,
and was very similar to the car that cleaned
up in Trans Am racing.  In 1970 the head port size
was slightly reduced to make the car more streetable.
In 1971 the Boss 302 was gone, and the bigger
Mustang could be had with a Boss 351, but in
71 compression ratios were already lowered for
the upcoming no-lead lower octane fuel and the
71-73 Mustangs just didnt have the following
of those incredable 69 and 70 cars.  I have
a friend back in Ohio who has some ultra
rare race parts, incluting a "Cross Boss"
manifold for two of the Autolite inline
4bbl carbs.  So far he has one carb,
and will probably search until he dies
for the second one.......