seat belt mount option

To: "'datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net'"
Subject: seat belt mount option
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 08:45:22 -0700
Alvin,
one of the locals made a metal tab/tang that bolts to the rear rollbar
mount.  the tang has a slot for the seatbelt to go through.  as long as your
rollbar has nice big fender washers on the backside, this is a good
alternate method.  Make sure the tang isn't flat, it needs to have a bend
upward so that when the seat belt tugs, it loads the washer in shear
(side-to-side) it is not trying to immediately bend the 'flat' tang.
I was able to use the threaded hole in the fenderwell, but I have a 69.  If
yours is a thru-hole, just put a large fender washer on the backside. (but
it'd be a shame to cut that pretty covering)  Rollbar mounts for seat belts
commonly are mounted to a bar that crosses from side to side parallel to the
seat back, it wouldn't work on the roadster rollbar, they'd slip up the
braces.
Note: my rollbar has the mountings much farther back on the package shelf,
unless that picture got resized.  did the bar match with the deck holes?
Your new steering wheel and interior pieces look great!  Fergus O, 69 2000