Stroked 1600

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stroked 1600
From: "Steven Hemphill" <hemphill@teknett.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 10:53:24 -0700
Hello list!

For those of you that have done this before:  We are finally stroking a 1600
with a 2 liter crank, rods and pistons. Has anyone ever done this without
increasing valve size, without using 2 liter carbs, and without porting and
polishing the head, and with a stock 1600 cam? If so, what kind of changes did
you have to make to carb jetting, if any? And, were you satisfied with your
results? Or, did you  (later) go back in and make any changes to carburation
(i.e dual webers, intake, etc.), flow, valve size?

Or head has been cut down about .060..........too far for a 1600, but not a
problem using flattop U20 pistons, as I understand it. Stan has his head cut
down to .100, but he has lots of other improvements, including valve size,
flowing the head, and dual side srafts. Compression for our motor should still
be relatively low, as I understand it.

We already have a header and Gary Boone distributor, and figured we would get
increased torque and low-mid range pulling by the above U20 parts, keeping a
U20 five speed and 3.90 rear axle, but we're just looking for a commentary
before we make these changes, before there is a point of no return.

Thanks in advance for anybody responding to this!

Hope to see you in Solvang.

Steve Hemphill
hemphill@teknett.com
So. Nevada