SPL311 Carb Problem?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: SPL311 Carb Problem?
From: Ldino21@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 18:04:39 EDT
Any idea's would be worth trying!
       I just took my carb's apart to have the linkage plated. I did'nt do
anything to the distributer. I'm 99.9 % sure I put them back together
properly. I can get the carbs to adjust on the low end, but when I go to
accelerate it sputters. Now if I pull the chock out it takes off like crazy.
I've tried the fuel adjusted nobs in every different possition possible. I've
tried a new coil, volt. reg., cap, rotor, condenser. I've checked for air
leakage between the carb & the intake & also the intake to the head. I've
tried the floats in several different places. the gas is getting to the carbs
with no problem. I cant get the gas to go through the carb fast enough. If I
adjust the nobs on the carbs all the down it starts to improve alittle bit
but not enough & I know thats not the way its suppose to be. The carbs worked
great before I took them apart. "Go figure!!"  I tried a pieced together
distibuter but that made it worse. My distibuter seems to be working
properly. I've never had a problem with it before. But i have no put a
distibuter in that I know for sure is a good one. I didnt touch the
distibuter at all when I was working on the carbs. Well thats enough I hope.
If any one has any ideas please email me @ <A
HREF="mailto:wksapp@msn.com";>wksapp@msn.com</A>   thank you!!