Re: SPL311 Carb Problem?

To: Ldino21@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SPL311 Carb Problem?
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 21:54:58 EDT
Most likely it is the carbs. If pulling the choke out makes it better you are
running too lean. Check the float level. After it has been running and just
turned off, take off the float bowl cover and remove the dome and piston. The
fuel level should be toward the top of the nozzle. If you pull on the choke
you might even get the nozzle below the fuel level. Check the needle to make
sure the shoulder is set even with the face of the piston. Check the fuel
hoses from the float bowl to the nozzle for kinks. If you have the
thermostatic fuel bypass return to the tank to keep it from vapor locking
thing, make sure it is not stuck open. Got oil in the pistons? Did you put
the springs back under the domes? Double check the air flow balance, low and
high speed. I am sure you did most of those things right, I was just throwing
out ideas.

                         keith