Funky gas tank

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Funky gas tank
From: "Dixon, Clifton, TSG, 134ARW, CP"
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 18:37:42 -0400
Some roadster freak outbid me at the last second last night on EBAYand got a
gas tank
for $46.  A pretty good deal, I'd say.  I'm new on the EBAY scene and need
to work
on my bidding strategy.  Thought I had that thing in the bag. Oh well,
congrats' to my
fellow roadster speed bidding freak.
So, I need to know how to go about reconditioning my tank.  I'm pretty sure
it's got
some funk in it.  My car will bog down and die; I can blow back pressure
through the
line and it will clear it enough to run smoothly for awhile, then it will
happen again.
The guy that had it before me said he put a chain in the tank and shook it
around to
 loosen up the crud, rinsed it out, then poured some type of solution in
that was supposed
to coat the inside of the tank (Pepto Bismol?)
Where should I go from here?  New tank or just work on this one?
Does anybody have a good clean tank they want to sell?
Thanks!
Dave Dixon