Re: Addition of Headlights

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Addition of Headlights
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 07:29:47 -0500 (CDT)
I forgot that the relay setup I described last night is for the pre '69
Roadsters only. The '69 and '70 cars have the headlight relay in the
ground leads for the headlights. If anyone needs that wiring information
please let me know and I will send it.

I also had a a request for clarification. The wires that goes to the
headlights need to be disconnected from the headlights and run to the
coils of the relays. I prefer to use 4 relays, 2 per headlight, one for
high beam and one for low beam. The Hella and Bosch relays are rated at 25
or 30 Amps, so it would be possible to use only 2 relays, one for high
beam and one for low beam but I prefer to go with a design that would
allow one headlight to continue to work if a relay goes bad.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA