Re: Hard Tonneau cover & folding hardtop!

To: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Hard Tonneau cover & folding hardtop!
From: thomas walter <roundrocktom@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:14:21 -0700 (PDT)
Daniel,

Roadsters were built long before Finite Element
Analysis were done, so I suspect there is little
rigidity lost with the removal the trunk wall. Body
just "sits" on the frame.

I suspect a well designed roll cage, for a road racer,
could be used to strengthen the frame... but for most
of us, little change.

Yes, I love stock roadsters... but fun to have a
little license when restoring a "basket case"
roadster.

Tom