Re: Parking lights/turn signal problems (showing signs of life

To: Matt Jacquet <matt@vander-bend.com>
Subject: Re: Parking lights/turn signal problems (showing signs of life
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:29:48 -0500 (CDT)
Matt,

Do your lights have the little single wire bullet connectors? If so, I
suspect the tail light that is glowing brightly either has the bulb
installed backwards, or the GW and GR wires to the bright bulb are
crossed. Take a look.

As for the emergency flashers and turn signals, start with the emergency
flashers. with the key on or off you should have voltage on both sides of
the emergency flaser. Those wires are LW and GW. Be sure that the
emergency flasher switch is plugged in well. If it isn't, it could be the
problem for both. The turn signal poser passes through this switch also.

Once you get the emergency flashers working, the turn signals will be next
(if the above didn't also fix them).

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA