Steering Problem - '68 2000

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering Problem - '68 2000
From: roadster68 <roadster68@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:06:38 -0600
I need help figuring out why I can't do a rough alignment of wheels after
reassembling front suspension pieces.  I was just going to do a rough thread
measurement at front and back of each tire to set the wheels pointing ahead.
The last thing I did was start threading the steering link to each of the
steering arm and idler arm.  The only thing I can think of is that when I
removed the steering box from the car to clean it up I had to remove the
top.  I think the ball/rod part lifted out about three times.  Could it have
slipped over a notch?  Anyone.  Thanks in advance.  Larry.