2000 Roadster Survey: Compression, Octane, Advance, Knock

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2000 Roadster Survey: Compression, Octane, Advance, Knock
From: "Chris Gray" <grayc@rpi.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:16:30 -0400
I'm looking for some feedback regarding compression ratio.  The BSR
Competition Prep Manual says that with the stock camshaft, "the compression
ratoin can run as high as 12.5/1 without difficulties."  I am considering
building my engine partially to this prep manual's specifications, and would
like to know if anybody else has and what the outcomes were.

for the survey part for all 2000s... i'd like to know (on a 2000 roadster):

what compression ratio you run
what octane fuel you ues
if you use stock or higher advance
your experiences with knock for this setup

please include what carbs you use and if you use or would use the car for a
daily driver. (maybe hp figures if you have them)

I know compression is not everything, I'm just trying to get a feel for what
people have done with this particular engine.

Thanks,
Chris Gray

www.rpi.edu/~grayc