Re: fuel system problem ...

To: Napolean Dynamite <elvis@channel1.com>
Subject: Re: fuel system problem ...
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:26:10 -0500 (CDT)
Mike,

I doubt that your problem is vapor lock or starvation. There should be an
overflow pipe on the top of each float bowl that runs down the side of the
block and ends next to the oil pan. Be sure that there is no fuel leaking
out of these pipes. If they are leaking you have a bad carb float, or the
needle/seat in that arb is worn.

Another way to check the float level is to remove the dome and piston from
each carb. Pull the choke knob out and look down into the jet. The fuel
level should be just below the top of the jet. If it is running over, you
have too high a float level.

Give that a try and let us know hwat happens.

Peace,
PAt

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA