RA was a Blast!

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RA was a Blast!
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 07:54:15 -0500
Hey all you Roadster dudes and dudets -

Road Atlanta was another complete success this year.  We had 7 Roadsters, 25
people from 8 states, one very nice Roadster on the track, and one new
Daytona Blue Z (very jealous of Ron & Renee:)).  We spent a lot of time down
in the pits with Tom and his race car.  Boy, he did a wonderful job on this
Roadster.  It was great to see a Roadster race with the big dogs.  You know
how we all get that Roadster grin after a nice run - well Tom's grin is
still there.  I don't know the results of the race, but with that much fun
does it matter?

I headed out of Huntsville at 4 in the morning and got to RA a little after
8.  Roadsters started coming in shortly and Brad our Pres set up for Tire
Burgers.  Brad brought a nice awning, grill, and all the trimmings.  He
really took care of us.  After lunch - a while after lunch Tom was on the
track.  It was so cool how he waved to us on every lap.  He later told us he
has waving cars to pass him and not to us:)  Seems the high dollar cars were
faster on the straights, but he could stay with them on the corners.  Later
we all met at Applebees for dinner.  More Roadster stories (all true of
course:)) and door prizes - many door prizes.  I won a much needed hat - my
nose will peel for a week.

I did not bring my Roadster due to bad front brakes and really missed it!
It was the best to see all my Roadster family and new Roadster family.  It
is amazing the bond these little cars create between us.   I did not get
many pictures and hope someone posts some soon.  The weather was great, the
Roadsters were great, the people were great!  Can't wait until our next
event.

Have a great day everyone and happy Roadstering!

Phil
SEROC