Road Atlanta - SEROC

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Road Atlanta - SEROC
From: Brad Holmes <bholmes@monk.aum.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:35:28 -0600 (CST)
What a GREAT weekend!

Great people, great cars, great weather, great tire burgers and
great door prizes! Door prizes from 6 or 7 states and Down Under.
SEROCs most southern territory. Thanks Phill and to all our SEROCers
who donated our prizes. We even had a CD of the "DATSUNS" thanks to
Ron and Renee Ayres of FL.

Although, Friday afternoon was look'n pretty shaky. By Friday evening
we had 5 tornados go through Montgomery with as large as golf ball
size hail.

Saturday and Sunday were gorgeous at RA. We did end up needing the
sunblock after all.

We had members attend from 8 states (GA, OH, NC, SC, FL, MD, TN, AL)
We even got to sign up a new member on the spot who drove by and saw
the cars parked together. Welcome Thomas Burnett from Anderson, South
Carolina!

It was great to meet other recent members as well. Lee Jackson - GA,
Ivin Silver - NC, Dave Dixon - TN, Mark Dent - MD

A very special experience was watching Tom Phelan and his crack
wrench crew(?) Paul Kort - OH and Mike Faggart - NC set-up Tom's
fantastic 67 - 2000 vintage racer.

At times I'm not sure if it was Tom's pit or "Tom's Garage" with
Tom and crew working on other members cars.

A BIG thanks to vendor Ted Schumacher of TSI Imported Automotive who
had Datsun goodies for us to purchase. You can contact Ted at :
tedtsimx@bright.net
Ted has mostly British stuff: http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com/
but has some Datsun wear as well.

Thanks to all our great members who pitched in and helped with all
aspects of the weekend. Photos soon! (How do you develop a 3.5"
disk?) :-)

Brad Holmes
SEROC