RE: Installation of Exhaust Gas Temperature Gauge.

To: "'Datsun Roadsters List (E-mail)'"
Subject: RE: Installation of Exhaust Gas Temperature Gauge.
From: Mitch Planck <mitch@ias.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:21:44 -0400
I went out with a friend a few weeks ago in his small airplane. The engines
in these things are interesting. It was a brand new engine, flat 6 and
carbureted. It could also run with no electrical system (on magnetos). One
of the gauges he had was for exhaust gas temp and he also had a little knob
that controlled the air/fuel mixture. As he flew he would adjust the mixture
to try to get the temp to the highest it would go - that was the most
efficient. He also just set the throttle at around 2500rpm and left it
there, unlike driving a car. It was an interesting trip.

Roadster content: I started cleaning out and removing parts from the donor
body, still a long way to go though.

-Mitch Planck
'69 1600
'70 1600