67.5 parts and vendor support

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 67.5 parts and vendor support
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 12:46:55 -0700
Hey All,

I received quite a number of positive responses to my post about my website
update. Thanks to everyone that responded. It's always nice to receive
encouragement from my roadster buds.

One of the challenges I have faced from the get go is parts availability for
the 67.5 2000. It's all well and good to have one, but try finding things
like license plate trims, 160 MPH speedos, 8000 RPM tachs and of course a
dash wiring harness.

I can honestly say I have used every vendor out there for parts during this
adventure. I have appreciated their advice and I am sure they were just as
happy to get the business. Ross of course has done an amamzing job on my car
and I hope that I have given others the inspiration to get their own cars
done. Support the vendors everyone. Without them I could not have gotten
this far. We need them. They need us. Works out for me.

In that spirit I wanted to bring up the issue of my dash wiring harness. The
67.5 dash wiring harness has been NLA for a while. Ross turned me on to a
place that does the harnesses and as far as I know they are the only place
that does them for our cars. I have tried to find places here in the U.S.A.
that will do them, but without fail they do not do harnesses much beyond
1960 as that is when the conversion to crimped harnesses and plastic
connectors came into the picture and they cannot get those parts.

In my excitement about getting the dash harness, I posted to the list about
the web site and immediately realized that this was a resource that Ross had
cultivated and I basically undercut him by going directly to the list with
the info.

However, Ross showed my what a class act he was by saying that the wiring
harness place will not contract with any vendors and that they sell directly
to anyone so he decided to pass the info on  to me and not be a middle man.
Thank you Ross.

If you have an interest in a dash harness let me know. I will forward the
info to you. In return, I ask that you continue to support the vendors and
buy their products.

See you on the road!

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 Solex SRL311-00489