Re: Spark?

To: "Marc Tyler" <marc@animalfirm.com>,
Subject: Re: Spark?
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster2@texoma.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 15:07:35 -0500
First thing is to insure that you have spark.  Crank it and get to the 'no
fire' state.  Remove a spark plug wire, stick a screw driver up the boot,
and hold it about 1/8" from bare metal.  (If you are the adventurous type
you can use your little finger in place of the screw driver.  Effective but
it hurts like hell. ;^)))  Have someone crank it.  You should see a fat blue
spark jump the gap.  If you do, it leaves only timing or fuel.  If not,
you'll have to check the ignition system to see where you are losing it.
Let us know what you find.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000