Waterford Race Weekend - 2 more wins!

Subject: Waterford Race Weekend - 2 more wins!
From: Chris Coker <chriscoker@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 05:11:59 -0400
Saturday was cold, wet and miserable.  I qualified 17th, just behind the
other car in GP.  The track was dry for the race, but the GP Fiat, and GT-5
Ford Anglia were dumping oil on the track the entire race, and the track
kept getting slicker and slicker, with slowing lap times to prove it.  I
finished 9th overall, second in GP.

Sunday's weather was much better.  Started 9th, got a good jump on the Fiat
at the start, who dropped out after a few laps.  I cruised home to another
win, but I seemed to be having fuel pickup problems near the end of the
race.

I was gridded 10th for the Feature race on Sunday, with the Fiat three spots
behind me.  He was still having problems at the start, and dropped out soon
after the start.  I was able to get some clear track, and get some good
consistent laps in.  Chalk up another win!  Still having fuel pickup, or
possibly carb problems late into the race.  I've ordered a surge tank for my
fuel cell that will hopefully fix the problem.

I'm also pretty sure that tires are the weak link right now.  The car has
good power, but I'm having a hard time keeping pace with cars that aren't
running on slicks.

Special thanks to Gary Boone for rushing me one of his distributors - the
car now pulls hard all the way up to my 7500 rpm redline.  Also thanks to
Classic Datsun for getting a new set of lower ball joints out to me.

The next Waterford Race on the schedule is June 28-29, and I'm also planning
on running the SCCA race at Gingerman, July 19-20.

--
Chris Coker
69 1600 SPL311      <http://mywebpages.comcast.net/chriscoker/roadster.html>