Mulfunctioning turn signal switch

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mulfunctioning turn signal switch
From: "Teesun68" <Teesun68@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 22:26:36 -0600
Listers,
    I've been having an intermitten left signal on my '69 1600 and today I
finally got after trying to fix it. It turns out that there is a rocker
arrangement in a rinky-dink part on the back of the turn signal assembly and
that is what is causing a problem - no or intermitten contact made. I pulled
out my "spare" from the 68 that is under the restoration and the same problem.
Does anyone know if early 70 Z's had that same switch arrangement or a "fix"
for this problem? Since both of them have a problem on the left signal, I
wonder if it a weak link in the assembly since it is truly lightly made and
not very steady at all.
    Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!...Michael
'69 1600 signal less
'68 1600 ..that is the least of it's problems