Steering wheel play

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Steering wheel play
From: "Eddie Sawyer" <esawyer@vansd.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:36:01 -0700
Hi Everyone,
I just thought I'd introduce myself to the list and begin the first of
many questions. I live across the river from Portland, OR in Vancouver,
Wa and am going to pick up my first roadster this evening (68' 1600).
I'm so giddy, I can barely stand it. I'm buying it from the 3rd owner,
it's all original, garaged since day 1, never been wrecked and it seems
that the only receipt they don't have is the original invoice.

The steering wheel seems to have about an inch of play in it and I'm
wondering how worried I should be, if at all. Can the steering boxes be
rebuilt easily or is there perhaps a different solution?

Have a great day,
Ed