rear quarters for sale

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: rear quarters for sale
From: "Tara Treanor or Pete Long" <p-pie@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:27:43 -0400
Hi all,

in the never-ending quest to make space and generate some cash flow, I'm
finally getting around to offering up the rear quarter panels that came with
the parts car I bought last year.

I have two, one small flare (don't know precise year, but I think pre-66)
driver's side, and one large flare passenger side.

They were both dipped at one point, as they are totally clean of paint and
crud.  They have very minor surface rust developing, but neither one has
gross rust holes - any perforation is in out of the way corners, and out of
sight once repaired.

The small flare side is in quite good shape, without any serious dents or
damage.  The large flare side has a significant dent just ahead of the wheel
opening, but I feel that it could be straightened fairly easily by a good
body person, since the backside is fully accessible.

Here's the rub:  shipping could be problematic, from a price point of view.
I am pretty certain that a standard carrier would rate them as 'oversize',
and the vendors seem to indicate that their fenders are sent by freight
truck. However, I have not researched pricing, so I only have my imagination
to go by.

I plan on going to the Glen in September, and could deliver them there, and
I have a friend who is campaigning a Jag throughout the summer at various
tracks in the eastern States, so there's a possibility there as well.

Anyway, if you have any interest, drop me a line and I can email you some
photos.

Pete Long
Guelph, Ontario
'68 languishing in the driveway