Re: Oil Pressure Problem

To: elewislot101@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure Problem
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@austin.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:17:32 -0500
Lou,

Oil pressure relief valve is most likely seized inside its
bore.  It is built into the oil pump, most likely fix is
to replace the oil pump. I would love to tear down and
photograph the old one!

If the owner mentions it is more likely to occur in the morning
(cooler oil is thicker, building pressure higher) that is a
sign of a pressure relief.

Quite often I'll hear "the oil filter is no longer tall and
straight, but shorter with bowed sides."

I've only seen it twice... while the oil pan is off, having
someone drop #3 connecting rod and inspecting that bearing
is good insurance.

Tom