Greeting Datsun Fans.

To: " (datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net)"
Subject: Greeting Datsun Fans.
From: "HS-8 AM1 Johnson, Eric M." <EMjohnso@vinson.navy.mil>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 09:56:31 -0800
Hello. I have been on the list now and luckily Being so far from home I
still get to see all the postings. I seldom chime in much, pretty much read
and learn from other peoples dilemma's.
Right now I am deployed on The USS Carl Vinson, Aircraft Carrier
extraordinaire. I am the Airframes and Powerplants Supervisor, In one of the
nine squadrons on board, I am in HS-8, the helicopter squadron, we have
eight helicopters, all needing various inspections and repairs.I pretty much
coordinate the maintenance on  those, fun at times, challenging often
(PIA).Luckily I have 22 Guys that pretty much know their %#*&. We are Doing
the "global presence thing"
Any way all I think about are my two cars while out here, 67.5 2000 (ex
1600) and 66 1600, Both are pretty much done and safely tucked away In my
garage in San Diego (Imperial Beach) while I am on deployment, some may have
seen my flared 67.5 done in the BRE colors here and there.
Being deployed in the western Pacific has some pretty good ports for the
single guy, Thailand is a hoot and so is Bali Indonesia, Just as long as you
are careful when doing you know what. When not doing that there is plenty of
beer to be drank, You get the picture, drunk sailor walking down the street.
Just thought I would drop a note to the List and say Hi from a long ways
away, I need to go fix my planes now.

P.S If any one would like to send me some old Grassroots mags or any thing
as long as it deals with two or four wheels that would be greatly
appreciated, My shop is filled with car nuts, four X four freaks, Import
tuners and canyon carvers.    Thanks----EJ

AM1 ERIC JOHNSON
HS-8 / USS CARL VINSON
UNIT 25174