'69 2000 Muffler Questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: '69 2000 Muffler Questions
From: Mark Conlon <vze399qz@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:04:02 -0400
Hi all,

  I recently aquired a '69 2000 #11921 in good condition, not inspected since
  '96 and am looking to get it back on the road. It is quite loud and
  needs some work on the exhaust. This car has only a muffler under
  the drivers seat and no resonator. My understanding is that the
  position of the muffler under the driver was in earlier cars only
  and that this one should a muffler directly in front of the rear
  axle and a resonator just behind.

  Is this correct? Where can I get these parts? What about giving this
  car a little nicer sound without waking up everyone in the state?
  What does a resonator do anyway?

  Thanks,
  Mark