Ricks '66 1600 tranny repair

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Ricks '66 1600 tranny repair
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:17:13 EDT
Hello all,

       Well it wasn't the roll pin. I had rebuilt this trans several years
ago and it had the high strength roll pins. As soon as I remember where I got
them I'll pass it along. The problem was the 3/4 shift rod was broken in two.
It
broke where it has the holes and notches cut for the interlocks. Interesting
thing, looking at the face of the break you can see a small flaw in the
material. Looks like some kind of inclusion. Can't complain too much, it did
last
almost 40 years. Pulled a bit from one of my parts trannys and now have it back
together. We should get the car all together today.

                         keith