Re: was rat update, now easy-outs and radiator supports

To: hallosb@juno.com, datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: was rat update, now easy-outs and radiator supports
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 15:14:16 EDT
Hello all,

    I have had easy-out work. When you are installing a  bolt and twist it
off they are great. The broken off piece is not seized in the  hole and all you
are really doing is adding a handle to turn it. When you are  removing a bolt
that has been there for thirty years, it's rusted solid and you  twist it off,
then they don't work. Another place they don't work is on brass  plugs, they
expand the plug and it just get tighter. The key to removing seized  up
fasteners seems to be penetrating oil, heat and being careful. Even with the
best
tricks sometimes you are just doomed.

keith

In a message dated 10/1/2004 11:46:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,