Clutch install question

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Clutch install question
From: ed.sawyer@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 00:19:21 +0000
Hi All,
I've got a big weekend planned of getting my roadster on the road and I have a
couple "just to double check" type questions. My tranny (4 speed) is finally
back from the shop (it's been 3 months of backordered parts and runaround) but
it's here and good as new. Sorry for the flurry of questions but I'm anxious to
do a good job on this.

 For installing the clutch:
I know I grease the Bearing sleeve well, but do I also grease up the raised
edge of the Release bearing that contacts the splines on the pressure plate? Or
would this risk getting grease on the Disc?

What about the front of the main shaft going into the Pilot bushing? and the
back end going into the sleeve Yolk? Extra grease or not?

Should I have any trouble lining up everything into the Pilot pushing so that
it's nice and centered. Any tricks, tips or BS?

How about a way to tell if everything is setup correctly before I dump it back
in the car?

A million thanks to all of you.

Ed Sawyer
68' 1600
http://ed.sawyer.home.comcast.net

Kind of Funny Story: I'm only about an hour south of Mt. St. Helens when she
had her little hiccup this afternoon and the radio said there was a chance we
could see some ash rolling through. My engine being on the front porch and not
completly plumbed I ran home and used a whole roll of Saran wrap to make sure
no fine little particles would find there way into the internals. Now I have a
little blue plastic wrapped cocoon on the front porch. 5 hours later and the
sky is clear and blue, better safe than sorry I guess. :-)