Smog law changes

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Smog law changes
From: "Paul" <heyace@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 11:03:57 -0800
I was reading the paper this morning and there was an artical on new laws for
05. One was that they repealed the 30 year rollback on cars.  It said that
classic car owners were now going to have to get smogged.  I choked on my
coffee because the caption was next to a pre 70's caddie and it also had a
blurb from Jay Leno.
So I got online and here is what I discovered(for those,like me who did not
know)So FYI: from the BAR(bureau of auto repair web site)
"Beginning April 1, 2005, the 30-year rolling exemption will be repealed.
Instead, vehicles 1975 model-year and older will be exempt. Therefore, 1976
model-year and newer vehicles will continue to be subject to biennial
inspection indefinitely."

So Whew!!! I guess we are all cool!

Paul(heyace)