Discount Tire & warping rotors

To: Datsun-Roadsters List <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Discount Tire & warping rotors
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 16:06:23 -0600
Interesting you bring up Discount Tire!

I have been getting my tires there for the last 10 or so years. About a
month ago I went in to have the balance checked and the tires rotated on
my 3/4 ton van. They tell me that 3 of the 5 studs on the left rear are
damaged, and they can't get the nuts off without breaking the studs. I
tell them that the last time the wheel was off, they did it. Without any
question they hand me a business card for a shop in town that will take
care of replacing the studs, no charge. Discount Tire picked up the
bill. Interesting thing is that when the shop took the wheel off all 5
studs were damaged, not just the 3 that were bad when I took the car to
Discount Tire!

Anyone have any idea if anti-seize is good to use on wheel studs/nuts? I
don't see any reason it shouldn't work.

Peace,
Pat