Re: Bonding Motor Mounts

To: Andy Cost <andycost@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Bonding Motor Mounts
From: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 08:52:32 -0600
I wonder if a silicone adhesive like a Permatex would work.  It seems
like it would fill gaps sufficiently.  The surfaces would have to be
cleaned of all the nasty gooey burned rubber (both the metal portion
and the rubber part).  I have not tested this, and I don't know what
kind of tensile strength is needed at that location, but these
adhesives are pretty tenacious.

-Marc
On Jan 3, 2005, at 8:21 AM, Andy Cost wrote:

> I have been working on my KA24De motor swap.  I was able to use the
> roadster tranny mount with an adaptor to get it to bolt the KA tranny
> to the stock location.  I had to weld the rubber mount to my adaptor.
> The steel got too hot and the rubber melted and caught fire.  I now
> need to bond the rubber back to the steel.  Is there a special glue
> that I can use?
>
> Andy

Marc Tyler Sisterdale TX
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016