Re: Bonding Motor Mounts

To: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Subject: Re: Bonding Motor Mounts
From: Ron Hamilton <fj201@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 10:54:51 -0700
although the chances are not good since the part was originally
vulcanized with heat and pressure, I would try the roof flashing sealer
that is made with polyurethane. It takes longer to set up, like 3 days
but has excellent shear, cohesion, and seems to be temp stable. I would
grind edges away to create a LARGE fillet around the joint as it appears
most of the force is a sliding/twisting motion. you might consider
putting a couple of bolts through the rubber to the metal with clearance
holes in the rubber to accept a quantity of the poly also.
My .02

Ron Hamilton