float bowls

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: float bowls
From: Leigh Brooks <shifty@shiftco.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:51:51 -0800
I finally got the carbs back on the rat after pulling the head for the
second time. (I cracked the water outlet trying to chase out the
threads - let's just say I don't know my own strength!)

Anyway, I noticed that the float bowls do not line up. The rear float
bowl is leaning towards the manifold. My guess is they'd work better at
the same angle ;^).

I don' t think there is a locating pin on 1600 SU's for the angle of
the float bowl. Can I just muscle it back into place or do I need to
take the carb apart to fix it? Any pointers appreciated  - I don't want
to break anything else - the guys at the machine shop are getting too
happy to see me.

Leigh Brooks
NWDE
Seattle