RE: float bowl cover needed

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: float bowl cover needed
From: "Richard Hugi" <Richard@tntarch.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:59:12 -0800
Keith, I feel like a dope, you told me not to over tighten, I just didn't
listen to you. I'm use to working on American cars, gotta cut me a little
slack.   This one is off my 69, not the new one you sent. I'm handling that
one with kit gloves.   I don't know which one it is, but it has the banjo
fitting unlike the early one.  Sheesh, sometimes I don't know my own
strength.

Richard

http://www.topeuro.co.uk/blagger/the_duel.html

  _____

Lecture follows,

    The float bowl cover gasket is cork. It only needs to be snuged up, not
cranked on. Too tight and it squeezes out causing leaks and possible
breakage of the top.

    Now that I have that off my chest, sorry, it's been one of those days.
If you'll forgive me for lecturing I'll send you a replacement. Do you need
the one with the 10mm float valve or the 6mm one? Send me your address and
I'll get it right out.

Your humble carb guy,

keith williams