RE: KA and SR swappers computer hookup

To: <datsun-Roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: KA and SR swappers computer hookup
From: "Michael Spreadbury" <michaelspreadbury@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:16:14 -0800
Hi Andy,

Yes, you need to hook up the ECCS relay and the EFI relay to hook up the
Nissan harness correctly. Yes, you could eliminate those relays, but there
is a reason why Nissan used them, such as turning off the fuel pump if there
is no signal from the CAS (Crank Angle Sensor), which is great if the car
was ever in an accident-- the last thing you need is the car spraying
gasoline out of a ruptured fuel line at 50psi!

Here are the connections that you will need to do for the harness. I have
listed the harness in two columns, the first column is for a stock harness,
the second is the only connectors that you need to keep to keep the computer
happy.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the harness, the connection
is pretty easy once you study the EFI wiring harness diagram (if you need
that let me know and I will get you a copy!)

Good luck,

Michael Spreadbury
Spriso Motorsports

1993 Nissan 240SX ECCS Wiring Harness

EFI Harness                                                     EFI Harness
Revised

B       Data Link Connector for CONSULT (M3)    B       CONSULT
R       Malfunction Indicator Lamp
G/W     Data Link Connector for CONSULT (M3)    G/W     CONSULT
G/Y     Rear Window Defogger Relay
G/B     Data Link Connector for CONSULT (M3)    G/B     CONSULT
G       Data Link Connector for CONSULT (M3)    G       CONSULT
OR      10amp Power Ignition Switch ON or START OR      10amp Power Ignition
Switch ON
Y/R     Tachometer                                              Y/R
Tachometer Signal Wire
Y/G     Electronic Speedometer  (I5)
L/G     Thermo Controlled Amplifier (M49)

Connector F8

R       ECCS Relay (E16)                                        R       ECCS
Relay
G/Y     A/C Relay (E42)
LG      A/C Relay (E42)
OR/L    Condenser Fan Relay (E15)
B/W     ECCS Relay (E16)                                        B/W     ECCS
Relay (E16)
G/L     Ambient Switch (E60)
B/R     Ignition Switch/10amp power (E108/E106) B/R     Ignition Switch 10amp
Power

Connector F9 (Brown)

P       PAIRC-Solenoid Valve (E46)
Y/L     5th Position Switch
R/B     ECCS Relay (E16)                                        R/B     ECCS
Relay (E16)
B/P     Fuel Pump Relay (E16)                           B/P     Fuel Pump Relay
(E16)
B/Y     Fuel Pump Relay(E16) & Fuel Pump (M132) B/Y     Fuel Pump Relay & Fuel
Pump
G/OR    Neutral Position Switch (E213)
BR      PAIRC-Solenoid Valve (E46)
YR      4th Position Switch (E215)