Oil Sending Unit

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oil Sending Unit
From: "SlowBoy" <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 00:01:43 -0700
Today I got one of the aftermarket senders for the oil pressure in to use with
different gauges.

Well, I thought the block was 1/8th NPT but nooooooooooooo - it was a tad
smaller than that.  Anyone know what it is? Metric, British, SAE .........

Anyway, how to fit the 1/8th NPT to the block. At first I was just going to
tap the block to 1/4" NPT and use a reducer, but wasn't to keen on moding the
block where it couldn't go back to stock if need be.

So, I gutted the original sending unit and tapped it for 1/8th NPT and put a
short nipple on it. I now can connect a 90 degree elbow to the nipple and new
1/8th NPT sender to the elbow and it will still sit nicely under the oil
filter.

Tomorrow I get to see if the temp sending unit mod will tighten up on the
head.