Oil flow through a U20

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: Oil flow through a U20
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:30:17 -0600
Does anyone know the oil flow on a U20?   As seems to be usual for this
rebuild, I am having another problem... now I get no oil flow to the upper
head parts (cam, upper tensioner, etc)    I am/was preoiling the engine and
have good oil flow to the distirbutor line and oil pressure line, but nothing
going to to top of the engine.   The manuals I have say (in badly written
Japanese/Engrish) seem to indicate that the oil goes through the rear
jackshaft bearings before going up to the head?   Does that make any sense?
I'm hoping that the shop installed the bearings correctly.   If it's not one
thing, it's another!  Well...  on the brighter side, I am most definately
learning about all aspects of this car now!  :)

Thanks in advance!!
Eric